When setting up Direct Deposit (Setup | Payroll | Direct Deposit | ACH Fields), it is sometimes difficult to convey to the bank the placement of the GP fields in the ACH file. The Help in Dynamics GP provides some useful information:
- Company Identification
- This field contains the 10-digit company ID number.
- This field contains the name of the company.
- Immediate Origin
- This field contains the routing number of the bank or credit union sending the file.
- This field contains the name of the bank or credit union.
- Immediate Destination
- This field contains the routing number of the bank or credit union receiving the file.
- This field contains the name of the financial institution.
- Originating Institution
- This field contains the routing number of the originating financial institution; if the routing number is too long, you can omit the first zero.
- Discretionary Data
- Leave this field blank unless you are otherwise advised by the financial institution.
- The text here appears on employee statements.
However, some of the field definitions can be a bit confusing in discussions with the bank—for example, the difference between Immediate Origin and Immediate Destination. Sometimes it is easier to provide a visual reference instead, as the bank recognizes where information needs to appear in the ACH file.
This color-coded key to the placement of information from the Direct Deposit – ACH Fields Setup window (Setup | Payroll | Direct Deposit | ACH Fields) in the ACH file may be helpful. You can use this in discussions with the bank to understand where to place information in the setup window and ensure all parties are on the same page when determining the information needed to complete the ACH fields’ setup.
If you need assistance with direct deposit setup in Microsoft Dynamics GP Payroll, please email BKD’s Microsoft Dynamics GP support center at email@example.com.