- Review the posting types of your GL accounts to ensure they are correct.
Clean up any “stuck” batches.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP >> SmartList >> Financial >> Accounts
- Ensure your maximum records are set high enough to include all accounts (click the “Search” button to change).
- Check that accounts are properly set as either Balance Sheet or Profit and Loss; this will impact how the account closes at year-end. Update any accounts that are set up incorrectly, keeping in mind that if you have closed prior years there may be other adjustments that need to be made (contact email@example.com for assistance, if needed).
Verify your 1099 vendors.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Tools >> Routines >> Batch Recovery
- Investigate and recover any stranded batches that appear in Batch Recovery.
- When a batch is recovered, you will need to review the results to ensure the posting is correct.
Update to the latest service pack if you haven’t already.
Run pre-emptive file maintenance.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP >> SmartList >> Purchasing >> Vendors
- Click “Columns” to add the 1099 Type and Tax ID Number fields to the view.
- Click “Search” to restrict your search by 1099 Type or to increase the number of vendor records returned.
- Confirm that the appropriate vendors are configured as 1099 and that they have tax ID numbers displayed.
- If you locate vendors that were not properly set up as 1099, click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan ahead! Watch for important communications from Microsoft and BKD in November and December to help prepare for year-end.
- Make a backup of your company database.
- No users should be working in the system.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP >> Maintenance >> Check Links
- Perform for each series and print the error log for reference.
- Contact email@example.com with any errors or for assistance.