Your organization can help protect itself from check fraud by using Safe Pay in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Safe Pay is part of the eBanking suite, which you may already own. Safe Pay allows you to create a file that is sent to the bank. The file is used by the bank to confirm a check’s authenticity. This post explains how to set up Safe Pay.
Create Bank Format in Safe Pay
Microsoft Dynamics GP menu | Tools | Routines | Financial | Safe Pay | Configurator
At the configuration screen, you can configure based on your bank’s specifications.
Then, create a bank upload ID.
Microsoft Dynamics GP menu | Tools | Routines | Financial | Safe Pay | Upload Maintenance
To configure additional companies, import them into the configuration screen and create an upload ID.
To transmit data to your bank
Microsoft Dynamics GP menu | Tools | Routines | Financial | Safe Pay | Transaction Upload
- Select the bank upload ID you’ll use to transmit data to your bank.
- The Last Upload Date field will display the date you last used this bank upload ID to transmit data to your bank. If this is your initial data transmission using this bank, set the last upload date field to reflect the date agreed with your bank.
- Choose “Load/Reload Transactions.”
- To print a report, choose “File” | “Print”
- Choose “Upload.” You’ll be asked to confirm you’re uploading data. Choose “Proceed” to continue.
When the file is successfully loaded, the output file will be shown below.
Enter the date if you do not have a confirmation number.
For more information about Safe Pay or how to set it up, please contact BKD’s Microsoft Dynamics GP support center at firstname.lastname@example.org.